POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature requests : Feature requests Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 9 Oct 2000 04:19:08
Message: <39e17f7c@news.povray.org>
Just some "small" things that I'd like to see one day. I have no idea how
difficult they might be to implement.

* add a float factor for :
"shadowless", "no_shadow", "double_illuminate", "no_reflection" and
"no_image" (any other?)

used like this :

   shadowless <amount>

   shadowless // use as always
   shadowless 0 // does nothing
   shadowless 1 // as shadowless
   shadowless .33 // like an intensity*.66 normal light_source plus an
intensity*.33 shadowless light_source

* "blinn_ior" distinct from interior{ior} - maybe use the interior ior value
if no blinn_ior specified

* should "no_shadow" and "shadowless" be interchangeable ? (as there can be
no mistake as to whether the keyword is in an object or in a light and they
serve a _very_ similar purpose).

* could a "no_highlight" (or rather a "highlightless") keyword added and the
highlightlessness be dissociated from shadowlessness?

* support of this syntax :
WARP:
   warp{WARP_ITEM TRANSFORMATIONS}
instead of always doing "inverse transform, warp{}, transform" (even if it
is done so internally).

* would a no_radiosity (for objects) and a radiosityless (for lights) be
possible? (I have a hunch that this one would be quite difficult.)

Could my dreams ever come true? (but one as somebody said here some time
ago...)

Any wish granting will be greatly appreciated.

Povingly,

Philippe